We are seeking an experienced production supervisor with a collaborative approach to join our team!
The regular work schedule is Mon-Fri evenings typically 2:00PM to 11:00pm. Some flexibility is required.
Lead the ongoing development and implementation of equipment and facility cleaning processes and procedures. Facilitate sanitation and ice cream production operations which occur on 2nd shift. Lead the step-function improvements in sanitation required of the manufacturing team to be a safe, highly efficient, continuous manufacturer. Supports the production of a safe, high quality product and team member safety.
· Support the production of safe, high quality products and team member safety.
· Provide leadership and direction to sanitation and operation team members; ensure adherence to policy and procedures for cleaning of equipment and manufacture of products.
· Resolve daily operational issues to ensure efficiency and quality.
· Plan and coordinate resource allocation to achieve or exceed quality and manufacturing targets.
· Communicate job performance standards to team members and provide timely and consistent feedback; coach and motivate team members to exceed expectations.
· Manage training and reinforcement communication of team member safety, sanitation practices, good manufacturing practices (GMPs) and company policies.
· Evaluate labor, supplies, chemical usage, and disposal costs to determine efficiencies and develop performance improvement actions.
· Manage weekly team member schedules and submit accurate timekeeping records for payroll on a weekly basis.
· Develop performance improvement plans as appropriate and administer corrective action as needed.
· Work closely with UAW leadership and Joint Operations Leadership Team (JOLT) members to assure a proactive and mutually respectful labor - management relationships.
· Minimum 3 yrs. experience in manufacturing/sanitation with direct leadership responsibility. Dairy operations is preferred.
· Bachelor’s degree
· Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
· Knowledge of employment laws and OSHA safety regulations
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Planning/Scheduling skills with the ability to think ahead and plan short and long term
· Flexibility to support all shifts on occasion with primary work schedule on 2nd shift
· Demonstrated ability to lead people and inspire performance results
· Objective, data-based problem analysis and resolution; orientation toward proactive performance improvement
· Willingness to be trained in facility procedures, Critical Control Points (CCPs) and upon completion of training, demonstrate knowledge