Perry’s Ice Cream is seeking an HR Professional with a hands-on and collaborative approach to join our team!
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced labor relations manager who enjoys cross-functional involvement.
Perry’s offers a performance-focused and friendly work environment where initiative, creative ideas, and a commitment to each other is valued and celebrated.
This positon provides leadership and expert consultation in the areas of labor-management relations, contract administration and contract negotiations. Serves as primary human resources business partner to the operations and warehouse teams. Addresses internal customer needs through leadership and facilitation in the areas of recruitment, onboarding, performance management, training & development, safety and regulatory compliance.
What the Role Entails
- Serve as the primary employee relations point of contact for assigned business unit.
- Ensure the labor relations strategy is aligned with business objectives and develop resources to support consistency across the organization.
- Nurture a positive, respectful, and mutually-beneficial working relationship between union and company leadership.
- Provide advice and counsel to fellow team members in various arena, including performance management, recruitment, training, safety, teambuilding, employment policies and regulations.
- Partner with leadership to develop strategic action plans to address current and future workforce needs.
- Facilitate staffing plan reviews and coordinate recruitment, selection, and job award process for all manufacturing operations and warehouse positions.
- Ensure successful cultural integration of new team members through an active role in onboarding; providing ongoing training, guidance and support.
- Bachelor’s degree (Business, Industrial Relations, Human Resources preferred)
- 7 years related experience in HR and/or Labor Relations positon (manufacturing environment preferred)
- Experience in contract negotiations strongly preferred
- Knowledge of federal, state and local employment laws
- Strong understanding of industrial Safety – PPE, ergonomics, OSHA standards
- Proficient in MS Office
- Familiarity with ADP HR/Benefits software a plus
- Labor relations experience which includes fostering a mutually-respectful environment and partnership
- Confident and positive leadership ability; effective influence at all levels of organization
- Ability to coach, establish rapport, and build trusting relationships across the organization
- Resourceful and efficient at managing multiple priorities with decisiveness and timeliness
- Seek improvements in processes and systems to drive administrative efficiencies
- Willingness to work flexible hours in support of multi-shift operation
About Perry’s Ice Cream
We are an established, family-owned company. Our founder, H. Morton Perry started a tradition of quality by making the finest ice cream. That tradition endures today and reflects in everything Perry’s Ice Cream does, including recruiting the highest quality team members who bring hard work and creative ideas to the table. We believe in cultivating a rewarding and supportive environment for them to excel in. We are at our best when we are collaborating to improve our performance and sharing in our successes!
Perry’s Ice Cream is an Equal Opportunity Employer and drug free facility.