Perry's Ice Cream is currently recruiting for full-time Territory Sales Manager (“TSM”) covering the Southern Ohio region. The role of the TSM is to advance the presence of the Perry's Ice Cream brand in the marketplace and attain top line sales goals designed for the assigned sales territory. Responsibilities include: management of small to medium c-store chains; acquisition & maintenance of bulk, independent, and food service customers throughout the territory; market planning & forecasting; prospecting; account maintenance; customer relationship management; and facilitating any new product rollouts.
- Develop annual plan for territory;
- Maintain territory profile/routing and contact information.
- Plan accordingly to achieve mutually agreed upon unit and revenue growth to include: new accounts, ad features, and promotions. Pricing to be used is provided for each category in either wholesale or promotional and required to be used correctly.
- Conduct Owner/Buyer Calls to: increase ad features promotions & distribution; call on new prospects in every channel; gain new item distribution; manage promotional programs; and communicate results of calls including actions needed to correct personnel.
- Conduct Retail Calls for each assigned account to: evaluate retail execution, positioning, competition, distribution opportunities, and act upon them.
- Resolve any and all retail execution issues with corresponding Perry’s Ice Cream team members or distributor staff; ensure placement of proper point of sale; ensure rotation and product freshness; and perform retail audits and submit required forms to supervisor.
- Attend trade shows & sales meetings to include: industry trade shows; support roles at account specific shows; sales meetings to present/discuss relevant facts pertaining to territory as well as territory business reviews.
- Accurate and timely communication of territory/account activity, weekly/monthly paperwork, and any other special information requests.
- Continuous development of skills and knowledge to support further growth in the organization.
- Support the balance of the Perry’s Ice Cream Sales Team as needed to drive sales.
- Support the production of safe, high quality products, and team member safety.
- Four-year business degree in business administration strongly preferred or two-year degree with equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 2 years proven sales experience in the retail selling/food industry.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Proven track record of building and managing long-term profitable customer relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Flexibility to work a varying schedule.
- Strong interpersonal communications skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Excellent PC software skills (MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Valid driver’s license and personal/reliant vehicle.
- Overnight travel required.
Perry's Ice Cream is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug free facility.