Production & Sanitation Supervisor – 2nd shift
We are seeking a process-oriented individual known for measurable performance results and a collaborative approach to join our team! This is a unique opportunity in a team based organization to grow your career.
The regular work schedule is Mon-Fri evenings typically 2:00PM to 11:00pm. Some flexibility is required.
About the Role:
Lead the ongoing development and implementation of equipment and facility cleaning processes and procedures. Facilitate sanitation and ice cream production operations which occur on 2nd shift. Lead the step-function improvements in sanitation required of the manufacturing team to be a safe, highly efficient, continuous manufacturer. Supports the production of a safe, high quality product and team member safety.
- Support the production of safe, high quality products and team member safety.
- Provide leadership and direction to sanitation team and operation team members; ensure adherence to policy and procedures for cleaning of equipment and manufacture of products.
- Resolve daily operational issues to ensure efficiency and quality.
- Plan and coordinate resource allocation to achieve or exceed quality and manufacturing targets.
- Communicate job performance standards to team members and provide timely and consistent feedback; coach and motivate team members to exceed expectations.
- Manage training and reinforcement communication of team member safety, sanitation practices, good manufacturing practices (GMPs) and company policies.
- Evaluate labor, supplies, chemical usage, disposal costs to determine efficiencies and develop performance improvement actions.
- Manage weekly team member schedules and submit accurate timekeeping records for payroll on a weekly basis.
- Develop performance improvement plans as appropriate and administer corrective action as needed.
- Work closely with UAW leadership and Joint Operations Leadership Team (JOLT) members to assure a proactive and mutually respectful labor - management relationships.
- Safety and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s)– must follow the Company guidelines and vision to enhance and create a positive safety & GMP environment.
- Minimum 3 yrs. experience in manufacturing/sanitation with leadership responsibility. Dairy operations is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Dairy or Food Science, Business, or related field
- Knowledge of employment laws and OSHA safety regulations
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Planning/Scheduling skills with the ability to think ahead and plan short and long term
- Flexibility to support all shifts on occasion with primary work schedule on 2nd shift
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and inspire performance results
- Objective, data-based problem analysis and resolution; orientation toward proactive performance improvement
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint)
- Willingness to be trained in facility procedures, Critical Control Points (CCPs) and upon completion of training, demonstrate knowledge
Perry’s Ice Cream is an EOE, M/F/D and Drug Free Company