What Perry’s Ice Cream is all about…
We support the production of safe, high-quality products, and team member safety is number one! We are a fourth generation family owned company that began in 1918. H. Morton Perry started a tradition of quality by making the finest ice cream. That tradition of quality transfers to everything Perry’s Ice Cream does, including recruiting the highest quality team members who bring hard work and creative ideas to the table. We believe in our team members successes and provide a rewarding and supportive environment for them to excel in. From the Perry’s Ice Cream family to your family, our social mission is to serve our communities by working to provide programs that sweeten the quality of life.
What you would be doing…
- Working with and talking about ice cream most of your day. How cool is that!
- This position supports the outside sales and distribution teams while providing world class service to our customers.
- Receiving customer’s calls and emails to enter orders, while proactively contacting customers to request orders and further the presence of the Perry’s Ice Cream brand by promoting our products.
- Work with the customers to troubleshoot complaints, general inquiries, delivery delays, and equipment issues. Your ultimate goal is to foresee the customer’s needs, creatively determine solutions that exceeds those needs, and communicate back to the customer in a positive way.
- Receive and respond to requests from our customers for informational materials.
- You will work as a team with the delivery drivers and outside sales representative to provide outstanding execution of our products at the store level.
- Maintain customer account information through data entry in our computer system.
What we have to offer…
Ice Cream!!! But besides that delicious benefit! This position is an hourly position averaging 30 hours per week Monday through Friday. If your aspirations are for a full-time position, there are opportunities that become available in areas from Watertown to Pittsburgh. If you are a dynamic and hardworking individual a full-time position may be in your future at Perry’s Ice Cream.
What an amazing candidate looks like…
- Someone with previous customer service experience is a big plus;
- A high-energy, customer focused individual with positive attitude;
- Someone who excels in a fast paced & multiple priority environment;
- Ability to analyze problems and resolve problems quickly at the functional level;
- Excellent computer/typing skills and understanding of Microsoft products to include: Outlook, Word, & Excel;
- Ability to quickly build quality relationships with customers and other team members;
- Accountability to exercise safe behavior;
- Flexibility to work irregular schedule;
- Good communication skills (written and verbal);
- Passion for customer service and representing yourself and Perry’s with the highest quality; and
- High integrity and commitment to teamwork.
Learn more about the position in this short video:
Perry's Ice Cream is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug free facility.