Engineering Controls Specialist – Third shift
Reporting Responsibilities: Maintenance Engineering Manager
General Statement of Duties:
Executes and provides technical support in the programming, installation, repair, maintenance, and adjustment of industrial controls and instrumentation up to and including programmable logic controllers (PLC). Supports the production of safe, high quality products and team member safety.
- Participates in planning, development and implementation of in-house and capital projects to include facility, automation and material balance.
- Complies with all safety (OSHA), GMP’s, 3A standards, FDA, SQF, New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets, EPA and DEC regulations in the design, installation and maintenance of plant systems.
- Develops logic, writes, debugs, and updates programs for programmable logic controllers (PLC).
- Maintains and updates documentation for programmable logic controllers.
- Inspects instruments periodically and makes calibration adjustments to insure functioning within specified standards. Maintains calibration records for all instruments.
- Troubleshoot malfunctioning control equipment at the component level. Examines and tests mechanism and circuitry for defects.
- Troubleshoots equipment in or out of control system and replaces/repairs defective parts.
- Assesses equipment condition, develops list of replacement parts and performs rebuilds.
- Adjusts and repairs final control mechanism, such as automatically controlled valves and positioners (CIP systems and product lines).
- Performs preventative maintenance to minimize unplanned downtime, noting conditions that require further attention.
- Membership in Emergency Response team and the PSM/RMP Committee.
- Assist the Maintenance Engineering Manager in constructing the annual department’s budget.
- Execute all purchase orders within the engineering scope.
- Associates Degree in Engineering Technology or verifiable equivalent schooling.
- Solid knowledge of Process Controls – PCP’s SPC, PLC, Automation and SCADA Instrumentation.
- Minimum five years industrial electrical/electronic maintenance experience.
- Proficiency with mechanics/electricians hand tools, electrical schematics and process flow diagrams.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Good computer skills (Microsoft office suite)
- Proven project management skills.
- Solid knowledge of Safety programs and OSHA requirements.
- Proven decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Food Manufacturing dairy and/or ice cream preferred.
- Experience with Thermal Processing – heat transfer, thermal dynamics plus.
- Experience in PLC programming a plus.
Anyone interested in applying for this position must submit an online bid/application on the company’s application site by visiting this link:
Perry’s Ice Cream is an EOE, M/F/D and Drug Free Company