What Perry’s Ice Cream is all about…
We support the production of safe, high-quality products, and team member safety is number one! We are a fourth generation family owned company that began in 1918. H. Morton Perry started a tradition of quality by making the finest ice cream. That tradition of quality transfers to everything Perry’s Ice Cream does, including recruiting the highest quality team members who bring hard work and creative ideas to the table. We believe in our team members successes and provide a rewarding and supportive environment for them to excel in. From the Perry’s Ice Cream family to your family, our social mission is to serve our communities by working to provide programs that sweeten the quality of life.
What you would be doing…
- Working with and talking about ice cream most of your day. How cool is that!
- Building solid relationships with personnel at various types of accounts such as: convenience stores; drug stores; supermarkets; and independent grocery stores in and around the Erie, PA area.
- Working independently using your personal vehicle to drive from account to account. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered with a generous mileage reimbursement program.
- Further the presence of Perry’s Ice Cream by introducing new products and merchandising current inventory to maximize attractiveness to the customer. This includes, creatively selling in and building awesome eye-catching displays to grow sales.
- Forecasting product sales, and placing accurate orders for each account, to manage inventory at all times.
- Using a handheld computer in addition to completing various other paperwork.
- One cool thing you will do, okay… really cold thing you will do is work in store freezers to stock shelves & organize back stock, but fear not, we provide gloves, jackets, and uniforms to support your safety.
- Work with a team to ensure outstanding execution with at each account you manage by proactively communicating with both internal and external customers.
What we have to offer…
Ice Cream!!! But besides that delicious benefit! This is a salaried position with bonus potential. This position offers an auto reimbursement for business miles. This position is primarily Monday through Friday with some flexibility to the hours that you work. All of this and we offer other sweet benefits for regular full-time team members!
What an amazing candidate looks like…
- Retail / frozen food sales, merchandising, and execution experience;
- Familiarity with the supermarket, convenience store, and drug store channels;
- Ability to build quality relationships with customers and other team members;
- 2 year business degree preferred or equivalent experience;
- Physical ability to consistently and repetitively lift & carry up to 30 pounds, bend, and twist while merchandising products, and ability to push & pull a store dolly loaded with up to approximately 100 – 500 pounds of product. Additionally, be able to work in a cold environment, such as a walk in freezer with a temperature of -10º to -20ºF;
- Basic computer skills to include email and handheld scanner;
- Accountability to exercise safe behavior;
- Flexibility to work irregular schedule;
- Good communication skills (written and verbal);
- Passion for customer service and representing yourself and Perry’s with the highest quality;
- High integrity and commitment to teamwork; and
- Must have a valid driver’s license with clean driving record, reliable vehicle & proof of insurance in accordance with our auto reimbursement policy.
Perry's Ice Cream is an Equal Opportunity Employer and drug free facility.