What Perry’s Ice Cream is all about…
We support the production of safe, high-quality products, and team member safety is number one! We are a fourth generation family owned company that began in 1918. H. Morton Perry started a tradition of quality by making the finest ice cream. That tradition of quality transfers to everything Perry’s Ice Cream does, including recruiting the highest quality team members who bring hard work and creative ideas to the table. We believe in our team members successes and provide a rewarding and supportive environment for them to excel in. From the Perry’s Ice Cream family to your family, our social mission is to serve our communities by working to provide programs that sweeten the quality of life.
What you would be doing…
- Operating regionally in the Northeast (generally making runs from the Western New York area to the east coast between Maine and Maryland).
- Occasionally deliver to one of our customer’s in Brooklyn, NY which can be difficult to navigate especially if you have never driven in a major metropolitan area; however, we have an awesome group of drivers that help each other through this and other navigational challenges.
- Enjoy the benefits of being home every weekend and sometimes make it home throughout the week.
- If you are looking for extra miles there is work on Saturday’s if you are able to run doubles… but this isn’t a requirement.
- It may surprise you that our ice cream is only about 5% of what you would be transporting, we have several other long time customers that we deliver for.
- Finally complying with all Department of Transportation regulations and completing all necessary company paperwork.
What we have to offer…
Ice Cream!!! But besides that delicious benefit! This is an hourly position and a great opportunity for a new driver to gain experience. If your aspirations are for a full-time position, this is a great way to move into the next full-time position that becomes available. If you are a dynamic and hardworking individual a full-time position may be in your future at Perry’s Ice Cream.
What an amazing candidate looks like…
- A Class A Certified Driver’s License;
- Class A transportation / over the road driving experience is a big plus, especially if you have experience driving in metropolitan areas, such as New York City;
- Accountability to exercise safe behavior;
- Compliance with our policies and DOT regulations;
- Quality map reading skills;
- Physical ability to push, pull, lift, and carry up to 75 lbs and bend and climb regularly;
- Flexibility to work irregular schedule;
- Capability to be away on overnight routes possibly every other night (at the most out of town Sunday or Monday through Friday);
- Good communication skills (written and verbal) including ability to check in with us regularly;
- Passion for customer service and representing yourself and Perry’s with the highest quality;
- High integrity and commitment to teamwork; and
- Must pass DOT physical and drug test, and have a clean MVR.
Perry's Ice Cream is an Equal Opportunity Employer and drug free facility.