The System Administrator delights their customers by ensuring the team member IT experience is optimal for success. Maintains and enhances the IT infrastructure, inventory of IT assets (hardware and software), and any additional documentation needed to ensure processes are efficiently and accurately performed.
Provide an optimal team member IT experience
- Ensure that system access is easy, efficient, and reliable
- Ensure that the tools provided allow team members to effectively perform their duties
- Schedule and perform maintenance in a way that provides minimal disruption to team members
Maintain the IT Infrastructure
- Monitor and maintain IT hardware for proper performance – servers, networking devices, client devices, printers, phones, etc.
- Maintain software installations in support of the above
- Implement & administer appropriate security; enforce security
- Ensure that DR systems are appropriate and functioning properly
- Maintain tracking systems applicable to assets, team member setup, security, etc.
- Make recommendations for future upgrades.
Actively engage in team based support of team members
- Supplement first level IT support as needed
- Provide off-hours emergency support as needed
Drive success through process
- Develop, document, and support standard processes
- Proactive customer interaction; visit or call customers whenever possible
- Assess and implement continuous improvement through “stop, challenge, and choose”
KEY TECHNOLOGIES UTILIZED:
- Microsoft - Windows Server, Remote Desktop Services, Windows 10, Office, Exchange
- Linux – CentOS
- VMware – vSphere 6.5
- DR – Rapid Recovery, SAN replication
- Hardware – Dell servers, EqualLogic SAN, Dell laptops, Microsoft Surface tablets, Intermec handhelds
- Process tools - Mojo Help Desk, Basecamp
- Associate’s degree in Technology field and 2+ years’ experience
- Strong customer service skills; proactively anticipates needs, gathers information, and offers assistance/recommends solutions whenever a need arises; responsive to customer requests
- Demonstrated initiative to complete work assignments in a timely and complete manner and takes accountability for results
- Process oriented
- Demonstrates sound independent judgment
- Able to organize and prioritize work assignments independently
- Maintains professionalism and demonstrates commitment to shared values; handles sensitive and confidential information with discretion and tact.
- Problem resolution; has big-picture perspective to identify organizational issues; can objectively analyze a situation, facilitate solutions and implement actions
- Resourceful in research, solving problems, and advancing knowledge